Integrity, Intelligence & Enthusiasm
Noli Irritare Leonem
Leon High School was established in 1871 and has fielded a football team since 1915. Our first recorded game dates back to 1916. The continuously successful football program at Leon is one of the oldest and most highly revered aspects of Leon's historic tradition. This 2016-2017 season we celebrate 101 Years of Lion Football! Let the pride and tradition continue . . .
2016 Leon Football Point System
2016-2017 LEON FOOTBALL POINT SYSTEM
Each player and his family is expected to make a commitment of $400.
$200 (sale of discount cards) + 200 points (equivalent to $200) = $400
(Exception for families with siblings playing football on either JV or Varsity: Each player must sell $200 worth of cards but the family only has to ear 200 points.)
YOU CAN EARN POINTS STARTING TODAY!
Below is the list of how to earn points to “pay off” your family’s 200 points. Sheree Brown will keep track of points. For chairs and one-time events, please make sure Sheree is aware and of what you have earned. (email: firstname.lastname@example.org) For concessions, gate/tickets, merchandise sales, and LTC meeting attendance, please make sure you initial next to your name on the list in the concession stand.
Game Day Program (ad sales, layout, copy, printing) = 100 points
Concession Stand Manager Varsity = 100 points
Concession Stand Manager JV = 100 points
Merchandise Chair Varsity = 100 points
Merchandise Chair JV = 100 points
End of Season Banquet Chair = 100 points
Summer Thursday Treat Coordinator = 100 points
Coach’s Liaison Varsity = 100 points
Coach’s Liaison JV = 100 points
Cash donations $1 = 1 point
Officer or Board Member of the Touchdown Club = 100 points
Working concessions = 50 points per game
Set-Up/ Take down Banners at each game = 75 points
Pre-Season Pasta Dinner (set-up/ clean-up) = 50 points
Gate/ Tickets (home games at Leon only) = 25 points per game
Merchandise Sales = 25 points per game
Attend a Leon Touchdown Club Meeting = 25 points per meeting
Summer 2016 News
- 2016 Spring & Summer Calendar is posted. See Schedule Tab above.
- FREE SAT Practice Tests at https://www.khanacademy.org/sat - Players are encouraged to take advantage of this opportunity
- Rising Freshman Parent Meeting - June 13, 5 p.m. @ Leon Field House.
- June 13 - Summer workouts begin: 10th-12th grade report 8 - 11 a.m. Rising Freshmen 4 - 6 p.m.
- Touchdown Club Meeting (boosters - all parents invited) June 14, 6 p.m. in the Field House
- Team Tallahassee Event for all players - Friday, July 29, 5-7 p.m.
- The Touchdown Club needs to fill the following positions: Varsity Concession Coordinator, JV Concession Coordinator, Varsity Merchandise Coordinator & JV Merchandise Coordinator. Please contact us if you can assist.
- The Varsity 2016 Game Schedule & Varsity Roster are now posted. Please use the tabs above. JV schedule is up, roster coming soon.
The Touchdown Club meets the 2nd Tuesday of each month at 6 p.m. in the Field House at Leon. The next meeting is JUNE 14, 2016. Please come and get involved.
Congrats and thank you to the 2016 Touchdown Club Officers: Eddie Estes, President; Kay Meyer, Vice President, Malica Segura Treasurer & Sheree Brown, Secretary. Eddie Estes will serve as Pre-Game Meal Coordinator. We are currently seeking chairs to oversee concession, merchandise, membership & other logistics. Please send suggestions, news and any other Touchdown Club questions to Vice President Kay Meyer at email@example.com or use the "Contact" tab above.
Thank you to Ernie Sims Big HITS Performance for sponsoring our 2015 Football Banquet & Awards Ceremony. Please visit the Big HITS website at http://www.erniesimsbighits.com/ to learn more. Pictures from the banquet are posted at our team Facebook page Leon Varisty & JV Football. Thank you to our team photographer - Cindy Seitel of C&S Photography www.cindyandscottphotography.com
Full News Listing